- Location: White Plains, NY
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: Based on Experience
Qualifications for the Role:
- Must have a can do, customer service first attitude.
- Prior HR experience a plus.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and goal oriented.
- Able to work independently, prioritize workloads, manage multiple responsibilities an adjust schedules accordingly.
- Commitment to the Company’s mission and its core values
- Excellent communication skills
- Assist the HR Coordinator with Payroll Processing & Time + Attendance
- Process payroll on a weekly basis. This includes: reviewing time cards, payroll adjustments, employee file maintenance, overtime analysis, and process and run payroll reports.
- Input/update all data into HRIS/Payroll system related to employee actions (new hires, personal information change, salary changes, transfers, terminations, etc.)
- Assist in resolving payroll issues with employees
- Employee payroll verifications
- Know process and execution as a back-up in HR Coordinator absence, etc.
- Employee files maintenance – Includes: upkeep of all paperwork (Emergency contact forms, handbook forms, etc. Coordination is needed with the Fleet Director on upkeep of DOT folder, license and certifications.
- Benefits – manage employee enrollments/changes. Communicate benefit plans to all employees and answer questions as necessary.
- On-boarding & Off-boarding – setup or terminate employee files. Includes: Activation/Deactivation forms, application files, conducting applicant screening and background checks. Responsible for ordering company property (company phone, fuel card, EZ-pass, AMEX cards, etc.)
- Recruiting– Includes: working with Marketing coordinator to post open roles on NCBP.com, job postings on job board sites (ZipRecruiter, Indeed, and/or craigslist). Work with Recruiters as well as Branch/Hiring Managers to help fill roles. Scheduling of Interviewing, screening of new candidates. Running background/ motor vehicle checks on candidates.
- Winter Lay-off Program
- Miscellaneous – Workers Compensation audits, salary & performance reviews, i9 compliance.
- Key member of the Health & Wellness committee.
- Various administrative needs such as filing.
Highlights of our benefits package for full-time employees are below:
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance plans
- Casual, yet professional work environment