- Location: Norwalk, CT
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: Based on Experience
- Knowledge of logistics, including carriers, shipping policies and procedures
- Delivers superior customer service
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work independently with some direction
- Able to read a map and accurately plan a route
- Effective listening and good phone skills
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Superior organizational skills
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Able to multi-task
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
- Able to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Recognizes and understands product numbers and alpha/numeric codes
- Working knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
- Pass a drug screen and background check
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Minimum 3 years in similar position preferred
- Minimum 1 year in progressive position
- Supervisory experience preferred
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Take on the responsibility for efficient and cost-effective scheduling of deliveries and routing of trucks. Establish proper routing of trucks. Schedule pick-ups of returned materials from suppliers and customers.
- Complies with federal, state, local and DOT regulations as well as material handling, and shipping requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety and security procedures.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with perpetual data.
- Maintain technical and computer skills and capability to effectively use distribution and office software
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement. Coordinate schedule of repairs and maintenance with Fleet and Safety Coordinator.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Assist in taking scheduled inventories.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Coordinate activities with branch manager, department heads and branch sales personnel.
- Attend company meetings as requested.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills/Qualifications for the Role:
- Safety Management
- Developing Standards
- Managing Processes
- Surveillance Skill
- Inventory Control
- Reporting Skills
- Analyzing Information
- Equipment Maintenance
Highlights of our benefits package for full-time employees are below:
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with discretionary employer match
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance plans
- Opportunity for advancement
- A yearly review plan
- Access to a state of the art gym at our Headquarters location
- Casual, yet professional work environment